What Is the Best Homemade Carpet Cleaning Solution?
It is beneficial to have a carpet as a floor covering because of its many merits and advantages. Your carpet is susceptible to staining and fading due to daily traffic and spills.
I have compiled a list of several homemade carpet cleaner recipes that you can make yourself at home for much less money and safer for your children. It can be expensive to hire professional carpet cleaners, but you can make your cleaning solutions at home that you can apply with a rotary machine or a regular mop.
A homemade carpet cleaner is ideal for removing stains, removing spots, and treating high-traffic areas. If one recipe doesn’t work for a stubborn stain, try another one until you find one that works. In this blog, I’ll discuss what is the best homemade carpet cleaning solution and explore several ways.
How to Make Homemade Carpet Cleaner?
You may be tired of spending money on commercial carpet cleaners or seeking environmentally friendly methods to clean your carpet. As a result, I gathered several excellent DIY carpet cleaning solution recipes that you can make at home using everyday chemical-free ingredients.
Best Homemade Carpet Cleaning Solution
Inexpensive everyday products to make a homemade carpet cleaner is an excellent alternative to expensive commercial cleaners. By making your carpet cleaning solution, you’ll save money and keep your family safe from the toxic residue left behind by many store-bought products.
- If you would like to leave your carpet smelling fresh after you have cleaned it, add essential oils to the solution.
- Mix the ammonia, dish soap, and water until combined for powerful carpet shampoo. Constantly stir the solution thoroughly to ensure all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- To operate the machine and clean the carpet, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Homemade Carpet Cleaner Machine Solution
It is unnecessary to use the commercial carpet cleaners you can find in your local grocery store to clean your carpet with a steam cleaner. You can make this homemade carpet cleaner at home to use with your carpet cleaning machine.
- Add 1/4 cup lemon-scented ammonia
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Three tablespoons liquid dish soap
- 1-gallon hot water
Combine all the ingredients in a bucket, then pour them into the steam cleaner. With this method, you can use inexpensive ingredients, and harsh chemicals will not damage your floor. To keep your carpets clean and toxin-free, follow the directions that came with the machine.
Homemade Carpet Spot Cleaning Solution
If your kitchen or dining room has carpet flooring, you will find this homemade cleaning solution recipe a lifesaver.
- Pour one cup of warm water over two tablespoons of liquid dish soap. Pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- To enhance the effectiveness and fragrance of the resolution, mix a few drops of essential oils.
- Sprinkle a pinch of baking soda and allow it to sit overnight.
- Spray your homemade carpet solution on the spot and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Use a rag cloth to soak up, then allow the carpet to dry naturally.
Homemade Carpet Stain Removal Solution
For this, you will need a spray bottle, one cup of club soda, two tablespoons of liquid dish soap, and one cup of vinegar.
- Start by mixing all the mentioned ingredients and pouring them into a spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle well before using it.
- Spray the solution on the carpet stain and allow it to sit on the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use a clean rag cloth to dab the solution and will enable the carpet to dry properly.
DIY Full Odor Removal Solution
Old vinegar is a good choice for foul odor removal. Take an eye!
- Take four small bowls, depending on the size of your carpet, and fill them with diluted vinegar.
- Place all bowls in the room with stinking carpet and close outdoor and windows of that room.
- By morning, the vinegar would have absorbed foul odor from your carpeting.
- If the smell recurs within a few days, then hire a professional carpet technician.
Homemade Pet Stain Remover
When you have four-legged friends, you cannot prevent every accident. In order to prevent the urine from setting into carpet fibers, it is best to clean up the accident as soon as possible.
Baking soda and vinegar help dissolve crystals in the urine and absorb odors associated with pet urine.
- Add 2 cups of vinegar, 2 cups of warm water, and four tablespoons of baking soda.
- Then, dissolve baking soda in a large bowl by stirring well.
- After that, use a spray bottle to apply the solution to the soiled area.
- After mixing the solution, let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Pull up any excess liquid by blotting the area with a soft cloth.
For heavier pet stains:
- Directly sprinkle the baking soda on the stains.
- Afterward, pour the vinegar-water mixture directly over the soda and allow it to sit for five minutes.
- Blot the area with a clean, soft cloth.
DIY Carpet Deodorizer
Here are easy-to-follow and straightforward ideas for a homemade DIY carpet deodorizer.
- Add five to ten drops of scented essential oils to a small bowl of baking soda.
- You can also use powdered cinnamon or vanilla essence.
- Then, scatter the DIY carpet deodorizer evenly on your carpet floor and allow it to sit for 6 to 8 hours.
- After that, vacuum the scattered baking soda.
Things to Avoid When Cleaning the Carpets
It’s easy to make your cleaning solution at home, but it’s still a good idea to be cautious. There are some ingredients you should not use on carpets. Here are a few things that you must need to avoid:
You should not use bleach on colored or dark carpets. Bleach will damage the carpet and discolor the fibers.
Take a breather. Don’t use steel wool or stiff brushes on carpets. However, if you’re working on a stain, you might feel inclined to scrub too hard. You could damage the fibers by using abrasive tools.
Don’t use too much water when you’re cleaning your carpet. If the water soaks into the padding or backing of the rug, it could shrink. It is also imperative to dry the carpet within 48 hours to prevent mold growth.
How to treat stains on a synthetic fiber carpet?
You can use a mixture of 1 teaspoon laundry detergent and one teaspoon white vinegar in 1 liter of warm water to remove the stain if it persists. Follow this procedure until no stain remains on the cloth or towels. Repeat the process until no stain is visible after rinsing with cold water.
How to treat stains on a natural fiber carpet?
- One tablespoon of detergent solution. A cup of lukewarm water dissolved in laundry detergent (without bleach).
- Then, mix 1/4 cups of white vinegar with 1/4 cup of water for the vinegar solution.
- After that, using commercial dry cleaning solvent to treat stains is the fourth method.
How do you clean heavily soiled carpet?
Make a paste using 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup borax, and 1/4 cup vinegar, and then apply it to deep stains or heavily soiled areas of the carpet. Let the paste rest on the rug until it has dried completely, then vacuum it away.
Is hydrogen peroxide safe for cleaning carpets?
A concentration of hydrogen peroxide more significant than 6% will probably bleach out the color dyes in your carpet. Household hydrogen peroxide solutions are typically diluted to 3% strength. However, depending on the carpet dye, there is still the risk that the solution will bleach the carpet.
You can also make cleaners at home using baking soda, vinegar, and other natural ingredients. If you have allergies, you can customize many of these homemade cleaners with your favorite fragrance. Using this method will save time and money, and you won’t have to introduce chemicals into your home.
Read Also: How long Does it take to Dry Carpet After Cleaning?