How To Sanitize Laundry?
A laundry is a place where your dirty clothes are washed, and this place is maybe in your own house or in a laundry company that cleans your clothes. Sometimes it’s not sufficient to wash clothes with detergents; detergents can clean the clothes but not sanitize them; some clothes need to sanitize. Now the question is that how to sanitize laundry? It’s not so challenging to sanitize laundry.
One of the easiest ways to sanitize laundry is to wash your clothes in warm water. If you have white clothes, then wash them in warm water for 140 degrees. If you want to sanitize the colors cloth, you have to wash them in warm water as labeled in the instructions that mention on the clothes.
You can use simple laundry detergents for washing purposes, but you may use those detergents that can make for sanitize purposes also.
Essential Tips To Sanitize Laundry
- Remove the clothes or bedding that have blood or any stains on them.
- If you are a worker and always your clothes are dirty when you return home, immediately remove those clothes, or even keep a trash bag or clean at your entrance because when you come back home, you can change soiled garments soon.
- When you are doing laundry of dirty clothes, it is necessary to wear disposable gloves. Don’t do any other housework when you are wearing contaminated gloves. If you have done your laundry, then remove the gloves as soon as possible.
- After removing gloves, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash and dry your clothes at 100-135 degrees for 30 minutes to ensure that germs kill.
How To Sanitize Clothes From Viruses
- Having a setting for hot water and more extended drying periods helps eliminate several germs. One of the most effective processes is bleach; it can eliminate all the germs. However, most people use bleach for white clothes, and they feel fear. To use the bleach in color clothes because bleach harms colored clothes and fades the color.
- Viruses kill at 40 Fahrenheit, but this temperature is not for all clothes. You can use high temperature for white clothes, but you determine the right temperature in color clothes.
- Add the right amount of detergent to your washing machine. Or add the bleach according to the instruction that is mention on the bleach bottle.
- When you pour the bleach into the washing drum, put the clothes in the machine and complete the wash cycle.
- Dry the clothes as given instruction and also run the complete cycle of the dryer.
ALSO READ: How to Do
How To Clean Clothes From Fungus
- You may separate the fungus affected clothes and then wash the other clothes.
- Wash your affected clothes with hot water and detergent, and you may wash until you didn’t satisfy that fungus removes.
- Add bleach also because it helps to kill the fungus and other germs.
- For wool and socks, you may set the temperature and then wash the clothes.
- After washing, you use the dryer at the highest temperature to kill all the fungus. And ensure all the germs kill.
Laundry Detergent That Kills Germs
All the detergents have not the quality to kill the germs. Some detergents that have bleaching compounds can help to kill germs. As you know, bleaches have harmful effects on color clothes. So if you use that detergent. that has a bleaching compound didn’t affect the color of clothes. You can easily use bleaching detergents without any fear.
Natural Laundry Disinfectant
If you question that you can sanitize your laundry without bleach, then the answer is yes. You can sanitize your clothing with the help of borax and many other techniques.
- Mix 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide and 4 cups of the Borax solution with the average detergent quantity.
- When the water drains out, apply the mixture to the detergent dispenser or directly to the washer container.
- Furthermore, tea tree and lavender oil are natural disinfectants for washing that can have antibacterial properties. Pour 3 to 4 drops of lavender oil or 1 to 2 drops of tea tree oil into the daily detergent to clean the washing machine’s clothes. Complete a daily wash and dry cycle then. They’re better mixed with unscented detergent because all of these oils have a distinct aroma.
Some many products and compounds may help you to sanitize laundry. Some are discussed below.
In both hot and cold water, phenolic disinfectants such as Lysol Laundry Sanitizer should be used on white and colored fabrics. You should apply phenolic disinfectants to the washing and rinsing processes; make sure hot water is applied to the washing cycle. Besides, these cleaners are available for purchase at most convenience stores and supermarkets.
Liquid Chlorine Disinfectants
It is possible to use liquid chlorine or chlorine bleach at all temperatures, although it only uses to sanitize white clothes.
Pine Oil Disinfectants
If you use any product, keep sure that Pine-Sol or Spic-n-Span Pine contains at least 80% pine oil. If you use pine oil, then be sure to add in the starting of the wash cycle. Pine oil is helpful in hot and warm water and can also use for color and white fabric.
This product is not available so easily, or this is used in the last of the washing cycle because sometimes it may cause severe damage. But you can use this product both in cold and warm water.
To sum up all our discussion about how to sanitize laundry then the conclusion is that it’s not so challenging to sanitize laundry. You can use bleaches to sanitize laundry, or if you don’t want to use bleaches, then use that detergent with bleaching compound because they didn’t affect both color or white clothes.
Sometimes, you can also do natural things to sanitize your laundry, like lavender oil or tea tree oil can help you sanitize laundry. Must know that you can wash soiled clothes separately.